Background

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bride of Magazine Challenge: September Planning

So.
J calls this time of year bittersweet:  he misses the warm weather, but it's now football season.  I don't really think that way: I'm going back to school, and I'm not always sure that I want to be.  Summer is a time of sleeping in, cooking and getting things done sssllllllooooooowwwwllllyyyy.  But the structure of getting up and going to work is probably just as well.  I'm sure J's just as happy that I'm going back too.  He and the cat can get back into their routine that doesn't include me.
The September issue of Everyday Food is full of "family favourites" which is kind of back to school-y.  There are a few things that can be frozen, and as always a couple of desserts that I'm more than ready to enjoy.  Here's to back to school!  Here's to seasonal weather and pumpkin spice lattes!  Here's to what I want to make from the September 2006 issue of Everyday Food!

  • Spice Grilled Chicken
  • Buttermilk Baked Chicken with Spinach Salad
  • Pork Tenderloin with Apple and Onion
  • Wilted Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
  • Shredded Pork Tacos
  • Cranberry Oat Cereal Bars
  • Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment