Background

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bride of Magazine Challenge: June Planning

So.
We're now half way through another year of the Magazine Challenge.  It's amazing how much better I feel like I've done this year than last year.  I spend a lot of time planning and cooking from the Everyday Foods in a way I didn't before.  J and I have had a lot of yummy new recipes.
I've started thinking about the magazines themselves:  what am I planning to do with them at the end of the challenge?  Any recipes that I might want to make again I'll have in electronic form.  Do I get rid of the paper copies?  Anyone?  I'm not sure.  But seeing as I have a few more years of Everyday Food to explore, I don't need to decide any time soon.
When I started through the June 2006 edition, I wasn't sure that it was going to be a winner.  There were a lot of things that I wasn't interested in trying.  But when I got around to making my list, I had 9 recipes to try.  As I've said before, June's pretty dicey as far as interesting cooking.  It's the end of school, so I'm crazy busy, and it's the beginning of BBQ season, so we grill a lot.  But when I look at what I've come up with, I think 6 might be doable.  Currently, I make about 4 new things from Everyday Food every month.  6 would be impressive!
Here's what I'd like to try this month on the mountain:

  • Sour cream Poundcake
  • Tex-Mex Beef Enchiladas
  • Basil Butter
  • Chicken and Basil Stirfry
  • Steak Quesadillas
  • Peanut Crusted Chicken Breasts
  • Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Pasta
  • Potatoes Vinaigrette
  • Lemon Cheesecake Squares
Very little dessert, and lots of yummy sounding entrees.  Here's to the end of school and a good month of cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment