Background

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Planning: February 8-14, 2014

So.
You know what?  I'm going away next weekend.  We will have reached the point in the winter where there's a holiday, and J and I are off to Ann Arbor to cheer on the Wolverines in basketball and restock everything I'm running out of in the kitchen.  In the past couple of weeks, we've run out of Pace picante sauce, good olive oil from Zingerman's, and a few staples from Penzey's (like taco seasoning).  A trip to the States is in order and will be fun.
But I digress.  We have to get there.
This week, I don't seem to have a whole lot at night, which is good.  More time for Olympic viewing!  I'm also working on my grocery list, and it seems pretty short.  With a weekend away, we've decided to do Valentine's Day at home.  EDF has a menu for two that I'm thinking about.  We'll see.
Other than that, here's what's brewing on the mountain for this week:

Saturday:  Chicken Arrabiata and garlic bread.  I know I was supposed to make this last week.  It didn't happen.  But it's Saturday, and it's on the menu for tonight.  I'm even thinking of opening a bottle of wine.
Sunday:  Leftovers
Monday:  Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia, rice pilaf, and a vegetable.  I promised J I would cook more fish than I do.  But this looks easy, and it's part of the Magazine Challenge!
Tuesday:  Salisbury Steak with Caramelized Onion Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli
Wednesday:  Leftovers
Thursday:  Chicken Taco Bowls
Friday:  If I make the whole menu, Artichoke crostini, creamy spinach, roasted tomatoes, steak with red wine-pepper sauce, and bittersweet chocolate mousse.
 Looks like a great week, and then off to adventures away!

1 comment: