Background

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Magazine Challenge: September Planning

Oh, I'm so late.
But better late than never.  J and I gave the final cheque to the kitchen design place on Thursday.  The kitchen now officially belongs to the bank.  In the spirit of my actually returning everything from the basement to the kitchen, I have decided to look through the September issue of Everyday Food from 2005 and choose 6 things.
I actually chose 8 things.  Only one is kind of odd.  With only 10 days left this month, I'm not going to get them all made in September.  But with a couple of weekends home, we'll get some of these made.  As soon as I get over my cold.
Excuses, excuses. 
Here's what's on the horizon from the September issue:
  1. Chocolate Layer Cake
  2. Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary
  3. Chicken Tortilla Soup
  4. Zucchini and Scallion Fritters
  5. Zucchini-Parmesan Bread
  6. Chicken Fettuccine with Pesto Cream Sauce
  7. Orange Glazed Carrots
  8. Caramelized Apple Tart
Heavier food as the nights get longer and the pool closes.  Here's to a busy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment