Background

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Planning: July 6 - 11, 2013

So.
J and I are leaving for New York City soon.  For a whole week.  I'm so excited.  I was browsing Groupon today, and there's a dessert walking tour in Hell's Kitchen I want to take.  6 stops of dessert.  6 of them.  So exciting.  And it's on our anniversary too.  How could there possibly be a better thing to do for our anniversary, seeing as the roller disco in Central Park that I so desperately wanted to see is cancelled for the New York Triathlon.
But - from now until then, J and I still need to eat.  I should have a nice queue of recipes lined up for while we're gone.  As well, stay tuned for the 11th, when I will have another Pintester Movement post.  This month's challenge is to make one of Sonia's pins.  Oy.  I've been looking, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
And then, when we get back, we should be close to the start of the kitchen reno.  Hopefully I'll have a chance to do a little cooking before it starts so there are some things lurking in the freezer for the time that I won't be able to use the kitchen.  That's what I'm most not looking forward to.
Anyway, we still have a few days until we go.  And we need to eat during that time.  So here are the plans from Saturday until Tuesday or Wednesday lunch:
Saturday:  Leftovers for lunch, Grilled Steak and Potato Salad with Blue Cheese.
Sunday:  Ham and Potato Frittata for lunch with salad, and Grilled Pork Tenderloin for dinner. 
Monday: Leftover frittata for lunch, Pork Fried Rice for dinner.
Tuesday:  Pork Fried Rice for lunch, dinner out - we're taking the cat to the "spa" with my friend while we're away.  She's going to cry all the way there in the car.  Sigh.
Wednesday:  If we're here for lunch, probably Bake Thing.  If not, something on the road.
Beyond that, I've got everything for Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Strawberry-Orange Sorbet, and Nutella Poundcake.  I'll make some, if not all of those as well. 
Sounds like a good week, and then we're off for some fun!  Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment