Background

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Planning: March 10-17, 2013

So.
I'm on vacation.  It's an exhilarating thing, seeing as work is crazy and I'm spent.  The idea of a week stretching before me with nothing but time is exciting.  It will go so quickly.  I want to enjoy.
As a result, I've planned an ambitious week of cooking.  I have so many things I'd like to try between the Magazine Challenge, Pinterest and the general recipe reading that I do.
My mom is coming for a bit, so we'll have her to help make and eat the experiments.  We need lunches for the week too.  That's not something I normally plan.  Friday night, my uncle and his wife are coming so that's excuse enough to make a cake.  My mother also expects dessert with meals, so it's the chance to try some stuff that I wouldn't normally make for J and myself.
Here's what I have planned:

Sunday:  Shepherd's Pie
Monday:  Lunch - Pork Fried Rice
                 Dinner - Shake N Bake Chicken, Potatoes, Broccoli
Tuesday:  Lunch - Shepherd's Pie
                 Dinner - Meatball Heros, Chips, Pickles
Wednesday:  Lunch - Pork Fried Rice
                      Dinner - We're having dinner at my mom's
Thursday:  Lunch - Not sure yet
                  Dinner - Macaroni and Cheese, Sausage and Carrot Sticks
                                Pistachio Raspberry Cakes
Friday:  Lunch - Black Bean Quesadillas
             Dinner - Baked Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli, Salad
                          Guiness Chocolate Cake
Saturday:  Lunch - Individual Meatball Pizzas and Salad
                  Dinner - Better Butter Chicken and Basmati Rice
Sunday:  Lunch - Ham and Potato Bake, fruit
               Dinner - Eata Fajita Salad and Garlic Bread

Sounds good.  Lots of variety.  I also will probably make a batch of muffins, and I have a King Arthur Scone mix that I'll make.  Add in lots of tea and conversation, it's shaping up to be a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment