Background

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Planning: January 13 - 21, 2013

So.
There's been another death.  J's dad died this past weekend, and we're off next weekend to help clean out the apartment and have a celebratory dinner.  Yup, it's a dinner only.  I'm somewhat conflicted about what's happened in J's family about this.  Having settled things with my dad so recently, this has been odd.
We're fine, our friends have been wonderful, and I have Roots of Empathy this week before.  I get to hang out with a baby and talk about feelings and development.  Yup, that always makes it a good week.
As a result of all this, J and I are off again for a longer period of time than we'd really like to be, and I'm not making as many things as I'd like to.  Bleh.
To go with this, I've come up with 12 things from the Jan/Feb issue of Everyday Food.  At some point, I need to start making these recipes.  I'm not sure it will be this week.  Ah well.  There are a lot of recipes using buttermilk and lemons.  Hopefully, we'll get to those soon.
As well, I've been a pinning fiend on Pinterest.  I have so many things that I  want to make.  I just need the time to do so.  As a result, I really have no plans for this week.  I do need to go to the store because we are running out of the makings of food:  things like orange juice, eggs, and milk.  There is also very little in terms of lunch-type items.  I'm making chili tonight (which will be lunch for the next couple of days for us) and candy cane ice cream.  Tomorrow, off to the store and 4 nights worth of dinner!
This is a long way of saying that I have no idea what we're eating this week.  But here's a list of what I will be making in the next little while from EDF:
1.  Chocolate Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
2.  French Onion Soup
3.  Baked Sole with Lemon Butter
4.  Lemon Curd Tart
5.  Cornflake-Crusted Chicken
6.  Chicken Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
7.  Vegetable Burritos
8.  Frosted Buttermilk Cupcakes
9.  Spinach Dip with Pita Chips
10.  Buttermilk Thyme Biscuits (wish I had everything for these to eat them with the chili)
11.  Fish Tacos
12.  Lemon Parsley Pork
So, no plans, but lots of food.  Let's see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. :( Hope you're hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete