Background

Monday, August 27, 2012

Toasted Sesame Ginger Grilled Salmon

So.
We're working on healthy cooking/eating for J.  While this project has fallen a bit by the wayside while I clean out the freezer, I have promised that we will eat fish once a week.  With the help of Pinterest, that promise is coming to fruition.
This week, I decided to cook salmon on the grill.  I found a recipe, watched a tutorial on Youtube, and we were good to go.  I highly recommend the tutorial I watched.  It was dead simple to cook.
I present to you now How Sweet Eat's Toasted Sesame Ginger Salmon:


Ingredients:

1-1/2 lbs salmon fillets
1/4 c olive oil
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp grated ginger
1-2 Tbsp sesame seeds
4 green onions, chopped
Method:
1. In a bowl, combine oils, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, brown sugar and mix until combined. Put salmon in a ziplock bag and pour marinade over top, turning to coat.  Refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
2.  Preheat the grill.
3.  Remove salmon and place directly on the grill. Cook for 10-12 minutes, depending on the salmon’s thickness, until opaque and easily flakable with a fork.
4.  Remove and serve immediately, with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds, green onions and the glaze below.
Adapted from How Sweet Eats

Having never cooked fish on the grill, I decided to watch someone else cook fish and see how it was done.  I highly recommend this tutorial.  It was dead simple.

The best part is the skin.  It slips right off, and I had no trouble getting it off the grill either.


I have to admit to you, I didn't really do everything listed there in the recipe.  Like, I didn't have green onions.  I didn't make the glaze.  I just made the salmon.  It was fantastic.  I can't see how either of those things would make it worse.
I served it with rice and green peas.
It was a win.  J loved it.  I loved the carmelized bits where the fish had rested on the grill.  I would totally make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment