Background

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I'm Ba-ack!

So.
Things got a little crazy around here.  Who am I kidding?  Things became seriously nuts around here, and I quit cooking.  Actually, that's not completely true.  My camera will attest to that.  I do have some new recipes to share.  But not many.
Here's the short version of the story - I got promoted.  Hooray!  I was assigned my own building.  Hooray!  The commute from our current house is at least 90 minutes on a good day.  Boo!  We put our house on the market.  Gulp!  My principal went on leave for surgery and I was left in charge.  Gulp!  No one died, and I only called the ambulance once.  Hooray!  My principal came back.  Hooray!  A week late.  Boo!  I got a call on the last Tuesday of school that I was going to a different building in the fall.  ACK!  School ended.  I am on vacation!  WOOHOO!!  Our house hasn't sold.  Boo! 
So, now that I'm home, I'm cooking again.  Okay, not today.  I was tired and cranky after having 2 teeth filled, grocery shopping, and cleaning for another showing.  Which happened right at the dinner hour.  Bleh.
Going to the grocery store, however, bodes well for this week and next.  I've pinned a pile of things to try.  Here's some of what you can look forward to over the next little bit:
  • Grilled Garlic Balsamic Marinated Pork Tenderloin
  • Rhubarb Strudel Muffins
  • Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
  • Chicken Pesto Calzones
  • Summer Spaghetti with Lemon Garlic Chicken and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
  • Sangria
  • Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole
And more!
Here's to summer...and cooking up a storm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment