Background

Monday, July 9, 2012

Dinner with Friends: Garlic Balsamic Grilled Pork Tenderloin

So.
I'm cleaning out my freezer to prepare for moving.  This isn't a bad thing.  I should probably try and get to the bottom of my freezer once a year.  We've been here 3, and it's never been defrosted.  Yikes.  Now that I have a bit of a timeline about when the freezer needs to be in moving condition, I should probably do something about that.
To that end, we did an inventory of meat that we have stockpiled when it's been on sale for a special occasion.  Double yikes.  There's a prime rib roast, lots of Italian Sausage (I think I was preparing for asparagus season), and 3 pork tenderloins.  Plus the myriad of other things that I randomly buy because they're a good deal and we'll eat them eventually.  The time has come.
So we've decided that to empty the freezer we need to have more company, seeing as many of the cuts of meat I stockpile appear to be for company.  I'm not cooking a prime rib for the 2 of us when it's not a major holiday!  To that end, we've started inviting people in to help us eat all of the interesting things that I find at the store and have saved for "later".  You're welcome, if you live close to us.
Over the next few posts, you will find recipes from our last evening of having people in.  We had a great time, laughed a lot, got soaked running for the patio chair cushions that were soaked in the sudden downpour during dessert, and ate a fantastic meal.  Since it was the same day as our last open house, everything was prepared in advance.  I love that kind of cooking!
I present to you now our new favourite way to cook pork tenderloin:

Ingredients:
4-5 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2-1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 pork tenderloins

Method:
1.  Stir together garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over pork. If you have the time, marinate overnight.
2.  Grill for about 20-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Let it rest before slicing.
From Kitchen Confidante

Apparently, you can do it in the oven too, but we've only done it on the grill.  3 times.  Yum.
The first time I made this, I made the marinade, rubbed it on, and tossed the tenderloins on the grill.  It was really good, and made enough for a meal and pork fried rice later.  The second and third times, I made the marinade in a ziploc, tossed the tenderloins in and marinated for 24 hours.  I highly recommend this course if at all possible.
Here we are, ready to slice.  So good, so easy, and something our company has enjoyed as much as we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment